News Bulletin conference on “Terrorism: Social Roots and International Control”
- Created: 12 April 2016
MIU is organizing an international conference on “Terrorism: Social Roots and International Control” on 14th and 15th of April 2016. The venue will be the Conference Room at the Faculty of Medicine starting from 9:00 am. The conference includes participants from neighboring and friendly countries who will share views on the issue.
Among the objectives of this meeting is to offer an academic platform for the participants to possibly identify and understand the phenomenon in such a way as to come up with remedies likely to ward off this threat nationally and internationally. This comes also to lift all the confusion and complexities associated with the phenomenon. For this reason, the four major domains brought below have been targeted although the talks may not be limited to these:
A. The Sociological Segment
· Cultural up-bring and terrorist acts;
· The sociological roots of Terrorism;
· Social interpretation of the terrorist phenomenon
B. The Conceptual Segment
· The Intellectual roots of the terrorist act in the Islamic jurisprudence.
· Terrorism and ideology
C. The Economic Segment
· The relationship between poverty and Terrorism;
· The International Economic System and Terrorism: What Responsibility?
· Explaining Terrorism economically?
D. The Theological Segment
· Is the phenomenon of Terrorism one of Religion?
· Islam and Terrorism: What Relation if any?
· Islamic jurisprudence and Salafist involvement in Terrorism!
This bulletin is also an open invitation to all researchers and students working on the field.