Creating research clusters Reviews
- Created: 03 March 2016
With a view to improve the Training offered by Mohamed I University to the students through the improvement of the pedagogical performance and management of the Training and Research infrastructures, the president held a meeting with deans, heads of departments and teachers to discuss issues relating to coordination within the various schools and faculties. The meeting was sanctioned by suggestions likely to motivate teachers and researchers and empower them to take part in the supervision and management of the Departments and Master programmes. These measures are given below:
- Given their importance as nuclear cells for pedagogical engineering, the departments should be given more importance through encouragements and endeavors likely to help empower and motivate teachers.
- The institution devotes a stipend for the Heads of Departments for the responsibilities they take and provides them with the logistics necessary for that. This would, hopefully, motivate them to work better;
- It mandates the Heads of Departments to sign documents of a pedagogical pending their countersigning by the President. In addition, it will compensate for overtime, supervision of practical tasks and will pay back travel expenses for participations in national conferences;
- A stipend should be paid for the Master coordinators;
- An annual budget for the accredited Masters should be designed specifically to compensate for the teachers’ work-load and the provision of the necessary logistics.
On the other hand, the president is informing member teachers of the university that specific locations have been designed to host the Master programmes and that offices for the doctoral laboratory would be allocated, equipped with all the logistics pending their completion.
In return, and with a view to remind each of their responsibilities, the president exhorts the Heads of Departments and the Master Chairs to show more transparency with regards to regular and competitions exams.He encourages teachers to organize in-service-training programmes and make this a priority of their tasks. This is hoped to bring more funding sources as stipulated in article 7 and 18 of the law 01.00.
He also exhorts everybody to join hands and work towards achieving these objectives as they are keys to improving the quality of the Training in both the Master and Department programmes. It is also hoped that the suggested measures would pump in new blood into the workings of the university and empower it to play a leading role, nationally and regionally.
May God help us all.